Designed by Patrick McKeown, author of The Oxygen Advantage, MYOTAPE safely brings the lips together to help ensure nasal breathing. The tape can be worn by adults, teenagers and children aged 4 years and up.
Myotape is designed to restore nasal breathing in children and teenagers. The tape is to be worn during the day for between 30 minutes and two hours, especially while the child is distracted, playing, reading or using a screen. It can also be worn during sleep.
WHEN USED IN CONJUNCTION WITH BREATHING EXERCISES THE TAPE WILL:
- Prevent mouth snoring
- Improve sleep apnea and support CPAP
- Improve sleep quality and reduce fatigue
- Help focus, concentration and academic performance
- Reduce symptoms of asthma and hay fever
- Improve dental health
- Assist functional orthodontics and craniofacial development
- Reduce anxiety
- Boost athletic performance and stamina
What are the exact measurements of Myotape?
Small: Ages 4-16
Medium: Ages -16 Upwards – Smaller Mouth Size
Large : Ages 16-upwards
The size of the Small tape is: 40mm high, and 55mm wide. The opening for the lips is 33mm wide and 11mm high.
The size of the Adult Small mouth tape is: 43.5mm high, and 60mm wide. The opening for the lips is 36.5mm wide and 14mm high.
The size of the Adult Large tape is: 48mm high, and 70mm wide. The opening for the lips is 16mm high by 40mm wide.Is the product disposable one time usage?
Yes each tape is one time use. There are 90 strips in each packet (a three month supply for one person).What material is Myotape made from?
MYOTAPE is made using cotton and hypoallergenic skin-friendly glue. The glue is Japanese-made acrylic glue that is latex-free.Can Myotape be worn with facial hair / a beard?
No, the tape will not work with facial hair or a beard. It should be worn on clean shaven face.Is Myotape safe to wear over raised moles/freckles?
For raised moles, we cannot say. To err on the side of caution we think it is best not to cover them with tape.
- Remove the paper backing from your MYOTAPE
- Using your hands, gently stretch the tape by about 20%
- If applying tape to your child, encourage them to bring their lips together
- Gently place the tape so that it surrounds your or your child’s mouth